Chapter 2 Lesson 2
- Students will be able to observe how energy can change back and forth between potential and kinetic energy as a pendulum swings.
- Students will be able to consider different forms energy and explain how these forms of energy change.
Day 1 Lesson (Explore it Activity)
- Step 1 – tape one end of string to the edge of the table. Hang five washers from the other end.
- Step 2 – pull the washers sideways about 30 cm. Let them go. Describe the motion of the washers.
- Step 3 – explain results in Pearson Realize Workbook.
Unit 2 Lesson 4
Spelling words: cue, few, well, rose, argue, tire, hue, ring, value, change, spew, rescue, park, rocks and light.
Challenge words: pitcher, nephew and continue.
Vocabulary: Accurate, Concern, Instruments, Meterologist, Minimize and Threat.
Story: Get the Facts
- Essential Questions: What are some jobs related to weather? What can scientists do to better predict weather? How does predicting weather improve our lives?
- Big Idea: How can we prepare for weather.
- Writing – Your child will draft, revise, edit and publish an informative text.
- Grammar – Your child will be learning about subjects and direct objects in the sentences.
- The subject – is who or what the sentence is sabout
- the direct object – is who or what received the action of the sentence.
Tuesday – Am I Ready and My vocabulary cards
Wednesday – Lesson 1
- Students will be able to use models to explore the meaning of multiplication
- Vocabulary – equal groups, multiplication, multiplication sentence and multiply
Thursday – Lesson 2
- Students will be able to relate multiplication and addition.
- Vocabulary – factors, multiply and product
Friday – Review Lesson 1 and 2 with manipulative use